A safe and effective descaling powder for espresso and pod/capsule machines. Each sachet makes up to one litre of descaling solution diluted.
Cafetto RESTORE is certified as an organic cleaner by BFA and OMRI.
Designed for: Espresso machine boilers, Pod/Capsule coffee machines, thermoblock espresso machines
Descaling your Nespresso machine is necessary from time to time to remove hard water deposits and impurities. We recommend coffee machine descaling at least once a year.
Descaling can be done in six easy steps and should take about 20 minutes. Follow these steps:
- Prepare your machine
- Turn on your machine
- Eject any capsule, empty the capsule container and the drip tray
- Put in 1 liter of warm fresh water (4 cups) in the water container.
- Mix in a sachet of descaling solution.
- Place a container than can hold up to one liter of water under the coffee outlet.
- Descale Mode
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – simultaneously press on two buttons for three seconds until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- U – simultaneously press all three buttons for three seconds.until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- Lattisima – put in the descaling nozzle, press the cappuccino button.
- Descaling your machine
- Press the Lungo button and wait until the flow has finished
- Fill the water tank with the used solution
- Press the Lungo button and let all the descaling solution flow through the machine again
- Empty and rinse out the water container.
- Refill it with fresh water.
- Press the Lungo button to empty the container of its content.
- Empty and rinse out the drip tray.
- Exit the Descaling Mode
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – press the two buttons simultaneously for three seconds. The lights will flash for 25 seconds during the preheating mode.
- U – press and hold three buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
- Latissima – take out the descaling nozzle.
- Your machine is now ready for
For more detail, please watch the following demo videos from Nespresso:
Click here to see the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product.
Note: Be sure to use caution on countertops as this acid formula can have a similar effect as that of lemon juice.